We’ve got good news to share! At both ACES and RCS our free breakfasts will now be served in the classrooms as soon as the bell rings. Everyone can enjoy the benefits of a healthy start to the day with a nutritious breakfast. We are able to implement this program thanks to grant funding from the Eos Foundation.
Free breakfasts in the classroom will start directly after the February school vacation. We will start with grade 4 at ACES and Grade 6 at RCS for the first week and add other grades each following week. We are asking students to help us advertise this program by making advertising standouts campaign for the program.
Please support this program by encouraging your child to take part!
WE ARE NOW OFFERING
FREE BREAKFAST AND LUNCH
TO ALL STUDENTS!
Your Child Can Eat Breakfast and Lunch for FREE at school!
As part of the 2010 Healthy and Hunger-Free Kids Act, Athol-Royalston Regional School District, along with other districts, will begin offering free meals to all students this school year. For parents, that means no more forms to fill out, no online meal account to remember, no last minute scramble for change before the bus, and no more lunchboxes to pack. All students can eat for free!
COMMUNITY ELIGIBILITY PROGRAM FOR THE ATHOL-ROYALSTON REGIONAL SCHOOL DISTRICT
- This program provides free Breakfast and Lunch to ALL students regardless of income. No applications or direct certification letters will be sent home.
- During breakfast your child needs to take three menu items with one being a fruit. During lunch your child needs to take three different items one being a fruit or vegetable. These guidelines must be followed to qualify for a free meal. Generally five or six items are offered and three must be taken.
- If a student does not take the required three items they will be CHARGED A LA carte prices.
- Only the first breakfast and lunch are free, Second meals must be paid for. Breakfast cost at all schools is $1.10. Lunch cost at Elementary level is $2.45/ Middle $2.70/ High School $2.95.
- Snacks and other a la carte items must be paid for since these items are not part of the community eligibility program. As a convenience, you may continue to put money into your child’s account on line or pay cash for these types of items.
- TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR FREE MEALS ALL STUDENTS MUST ENTER THE LUNCH LINE AND TAKE A MEAL. ALL STUDENTS WILL STILL NEED TO HAVE THEIR MEALS RECORDED AT THE REGISTER.
Should you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to call 978-249-2438