Statement of Core Values
Athol High School is committed to providing the academic, civic and social foundation for students to become life-long learners and productive, creative and healthy citizens of a 21st century global society. We strive for students to understand the value of academic excellence, integrity, personal responsibility, self-discipline, and a strong work ethic.
Athol High School Learning Expectations
- Reading: Carefully and critically read for understanding and application.
- Writing: Students will be able to write effectively in a variety of forms.
- Technology: Uses a variety of technologies to appropriately retrieve, synthesize and communicate information.
- Collaboration: Students will collaborate productively in a variety of learning environments.
- Critical Thinking/Problem Solving: Analyze, interpret, and evaluate problems using a variety of resources and strategies
- Civic/Social: Understand and exercise their rights and responsibilities as students and as citizens.
Students should demonstrate growth of character through personal responsibility, ethical behavior, and personal health and fitness.
Beliefs About Student Learning
At Athol High School we believe learning happens best when Students…
- Develop a strong work ethic and sense of academic integrity
- Develop strong study, time management and organizational skills
- Take risks to push beyond current knowledge
- Develop self-confidence, self-respect and dignity
- Engage in goal setting, self assessment and reflection
At Athol High School we believe learning happens best when Athol High School Staff…
- Provide an atmosphere of mutual respect
- Connect learning to the world beyond high school
- Have clear expectations for student academic performance
- Provide individual support in and beyond the class period
- Connect learning between subjects, courses and content areas
- Inspire students to learn, make learning interesting and engaging
- Model behaviors, actions and thinking for students