Athol High School
2363 Main Street, Athol, MA 01331 – 978-249-2435 – fax: 978-249-2422
***Update as of March 30th***
The MIAA Board of Directors met via conference call today and have implemented the following guidelines for the spring season
- The Spring season will begin on May 4th and conclude June 27, 2020. The plan currently is to have a postseason tournament. This is different than previous communications. At the Varsity level, teams will need to play a minimum of 8 games in order to become eligible with a max of 12 games. Eligibility for postseason will still follow previous guidelines (win 50% of games or finish in 1st or 2nd place in your league).
- 1st playable date will be May 11th (Seventh calendar date after the start of the Spring season).
- The extension of the season until June 27, 2020 will be for all levels of participation (Varsity, JV and Middle School).
- Schedules will be updated in the next few weeks. The schedules on the MIAA site may not be accurate.
- The MIAA will waive the 13-month rule for physicals (Rule 56.1) providing that the student-athlete physical was up-to-date on March 13, 2020 or that a virtual physical or physicians note giving permission to the student-athlete to participate is received between March 14 -May 4, 2020.
- For those who have questions on their child’s physicals should contact Dan Bevis at email@example.com or 978-249-2435 x114
- Depending on his availability, we may be able to get Dr. Reeves in to perform physicals the Friday before (May 1st).
- Academic eligibility standard(s) will be determined by the building principal
The start of the spring sports season has been pushed back to May 4th. As more information becomes available, it will be posted here as well as on our social media platforms (Facebook ARRSD Athletics and Twitter @AHSRedRaiders
Registration on Family ID will remain open during this time. If you are interested, please register –> http://www.familyid.com/athol-athletics